VISITEURS of OASIS LIAM & NOËL***

what?Connected! Oasis!

I LOVE OASIS?

lundi 6 février 2017

oasis 1994 live knebworth-revisited-anniversary-edition-first#ixzz4XtqgW9jc bizzz fredfla21****

Hi all,

Someone recently dug up an old thread of mine which I thought had been long forgotten about (http://live4ever.proboards.com/thread/69832/knebworth-remastered-dvd-project-help). It made me think I should share what I created even if it is unfinished. I'm sure some of you would be interested to hear it.

The project was put on hold a few years ago due to relocating across the country, buying/doing up a house and having our first child. I had all intentions to go back to it but then they announced that it was going to be officially released for the 20th anniversary so it seemed pointless. Obviously this turned out to be false and we got Supersonic instead.

I had spent a long time finding footage and audio. I'd gathered all the content I needed for the concert portion and a fair amount of extras/interviews and soundbites I wanted to use for the commentary track.

Back then I had only got as far a creating a rough version of the stereo audio track, which I combined all the sources I'd found. I made what I believe is the only complete version of the show (11/08/96) from start to finish without cuts and no radio talk/jingles over the top. 

I dug it out and gave it another listen, while not perfect I think it still sounds ten times better than the BBC version. First a foremost it sounds like what it is, a BIG outside gig!

I always thought the broadcast versions sounded flat and unexciting. I wanted to try and make it sound like the old Mark Coyle live mixes. Some purists and audiophiles would probably hate it but I'd rather it sounds in your face, live and exciting than worrying too much about the dynamic range. Oasis are known for their smashed mixes so I don't think a live mix should be any different.

I tried loads of little tricks, such as trying to create separate tracks for each instrument by using only those frequencies and then mixing them together from the different sources. Different EQ's, reverbs, compressors, noise gates and a hint of effects.

The hardest section was the end of the show from the BHN tracks on wards where the only audio is from the bootleg video version, the broadcast versions all have the audio from the 10th show edited in. I have managed to make them more listenable, full sounding and less harsh. But when you listen to them next to the pro recorded tracks they still aren't great. CS and IATW are so messy anyway with John Squire widdling all over them it's had to make them sound any other way! :-)

Anyway, I've finally got my arse into gear and uploaded it for anyone who would like to hear these versions. Not sure where people upload things these days so I've put it here...


MP3
www.mediafire.com/?zbvlfu3k234kt


FLAC
www.mediafire.com/?q5hf8m5m5m2bi


TO BE PLAYED LOUD!!!!


...Let me know if the link doesn't work or anything and I'll try again. 

Would love to hear what you think and any feedback you might have.

...and maybe one day I'll get a chance edit it together with video and play around with the visuals as I'd originally intended.

Cheers
M


Read more: http://live4ever.proboards.com/thread/85975/knebworth-revisited-anniversary-edition-first#ixzz4XtqgW9jc

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire